11.23.2012

a lace funeral

for thanksgiving yesterday i initially wanted to wear all black to mourn over the death of my soul due to finals. however, since it is a day to give thanks and not a day to spread angst, i decided to cloak my postpartum depression [a side effect of birthing two papers and a huge test covering marginal details of nine shakespeare plays] with a vibrant oversized green sweater paired with a heavy necklace holding an orange crystal. though you can probably still tell from my solemn stare that i am contemplating the retrieval of my soul, those two installments of color in my outfit do quite the job to deceive onlookers' judgement of my wellbeing. 

here is my thanksgiving funeral:

top; urban outfitters. collared button up; american apparel. lace flares; wasteland. heels; jeffrey campbell.







love,
chi